There are several ways in which players can communicate with each other both on and off the server. Public Chat
To enter a message into public chat, press the T
key on your keyboard to open the dialog prompt. A cursor will begin blinking within this prompt, indicating that it is ready to receive characters that you type into your keyboard.
Enter your message into this box and press the Return key on your keyboard to send that message. Everyone on the server (with the exception of those in Calming Rooms or Spam Rooms
) will be able to see your message.Private Messages
You also have the option to send a private message in which only one player will be able to receive it.
To send a private message, press the T
key on your keyboard and begin your message with /msg
. Press the spacebar next and then enter the name of the person to which you wish to send a message. Again, press the spacebar and then enter your message.
Example: /msg AutismFather Hi! How are you today?
To reply to a private message, you can follow the instructions above, placing their name in as the name of the person to which you wish to send a message.
Alternatively, you can shorten the command by using the /reply
command. In this case, you no longer need to include the player's name as it simply replies to the last person that sent you a private message. Be aware that if a player sends you a message while you are typing the reply, your message will reply to the most recently sent message.
Example: /r I'm doing great! Thanks. How are you?Mail
The server also has an in game mail system so that you can send messages to players even when they are not online.
- To send mail, press the T key on your keyboard and enter the command /mail send followed by a space and then the player's username. Place another space and then the message that you wish to send.
- Example: /mail send AutismFather I left something a gift for you at your house.
- When you first sign onto the server, it will give you a message in chat if you have any mail messages to read. It will also tell you how many there are.
- To read your mail, press the T key on your keyboard and then type in the command /mail read.
- If you have a lot of mail, it may be split into multiple pages. To read beyond page 1, simply add a number to the end of the command to indicate which page you would like to read.
- Example: /mail read 2 (to read page 2)
- Once you have read your mail (and responded if necessary), it is wise to clear your mail so that you know when new mail comes in.
- To clear your mail, press the T key on your keyboard and enter the command /mail clear